2017



 Another year gone already...I mean can you imagine, I feel like 2016 just flew by right before my eyes, regardless we thank God for the renewed blessings and bringing us thus far.

In 2016 I set out to become a fashion blogger, a naturalista and even started a business that actually brought income but somewhere along the way I lost sight of my goals and started just existing in the world . Of all my goals i set out in the beginning of 2016 I was only able to achieve one, which was becoming a naturalista but I often felt like giving up and just relaxing my hair because it is really difficult to maintain African hair and also because I am just generally a person who doesn't like difficulty in life but i would like that to change in the coming year.

I am putting up my goals on a public forum so that maybe I feel more determined to work towards these goals because of the 352 people who visit this site from time to time...yup I see you. I had previously written down my goals on the 28th of December and among one of those goals was to have a happier and healthier relationship with my boyfriend of 5 years but that didn't work out...I guess it was time but I am heartbroken but hey time heals all wounds. We had dreams of seeing the world together, realizing our dreams together and raising our babies together but I have no idea how we lost sight of all of that just from  one night. I have always felt like I can achieve anything I want with him by my side,,,he brought out the best and worst in me....and most of the time that i lose him or we breakup I usually feel discouraged, feelings of suicide even but today I feel more inspired than ever..I want to live for me..to know life on my own and grow and mature maybe by the end of this year I will be in a better position to be in a relationship.

Anyway enough about my sob stories back to my goals..so first on the list is :


  1. To have a constant relationship with God- I want to know him all over again and to fall back in love with him,,,i have wandered far away from home now I am coming home
  2. Fitness- I have gained so much weight in the past 2 years , I am even ashamed of how much i let myself go,,so i want to go back to good shape and start feeling good again.
  3. Business-I want to go back to pursuing my dreams doing what I love 
  4. i want to take a trip to cape town- even though i have lost friends because my sole friend was my boyfriend..I want to make sure I go even if it has to be on my own.
  5. New language- I want to learn Spanish
  6. Read - I want to read as many books as i can...motivational and self improvement books, Just finished a book by Liberty Makuyana titled going against the world for the world,,if you are going to only read one book in your life I urge you to read this one it will change your life.
So this is how my 2017 is supposed to look like...I pray to God that he gives me the strength to get up and work on myself and my goals and I pray for you too that you may have that very same strength. I wish you a happy and prosperous 2017!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts